Sunday, May 11, 2008

Ode to Mom

Mom,

You taught me how to tie my shoes,
You hugged me when I had the blues.
You showed me how to put on hose.
You held me while I blew my nose.

You did so much to show you care,
You even took the time to brush my hair.
We made some crafty little things,
Do you remember those wooden earrings?

Back before we had dot com,
My friends said you were the prettiest mom.
Even then I knew I was proud,
Although I didn't say it out loud.

I appreciate all the things that you do,
I hope to someday be more like you.
So even though we're all away,
I wish you a Happy Mother's Day!


Love,

Mari

3 comments:

  1. aww this was a sweet poem. good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-))))))

    Thanks for the lovely words--what a talent you are! I do remember those earrings! LOL! Did we ever wear them??? There was a necklace too. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there anything you can't do????? HEY, Love the photo in the Creamery......(your mom is always a mush when it comes to your dad!!)

    ReplyDelete