Thursday, February 17, 2011

Foto February, Day 17

Alternate title: "Oh no, not this one again"

The Wreath.
Yeah, that one. 

I feel like I'm obligated to talk more about considering it took me so freakin' long to make!

There are just over 300 rosettes on that thing. 300 times about 4 minutes per rosette divided by 60 minutes...

Yeah.

I definitely put over 20 hours into it.

Especially considering that I started gluing rosettes onto one wreath form, decided I didn't like it, pulled them off and put them onto another wreath. A wreath that I made fatter by putting batting all around it then wrapping it in yarn before adding rosettes.

So after all that, my plans to put it in my bedroom were thrown out the window because I want people to see it, darn it! So for now it lives on the mantle.

Luckily it was super cheap to make! I used old books that I had around the house, (4 John Grisham novels if you want to know) the yarn and batting I also had, and the wreath was only $2.50.

Unfortunately I had to use 20 bucks worth of hot glue.

Ha ha, I kid, I kid. But really, there was quite a bit of glue involved.

So, for the last time (today) The Wreath.

*I just wanted to remind ya'll (I put the link up here once already) that this was not my original idea. I saw this first on Under the Table and Dreaming)*

9 comments:

  1. That is probably the most creative act of recycling that I have seen yet. Good job Mari!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! It turned out so good - I think you've found your calling. You could sell them on Etsy! I'd buy one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. But it's so beautiful!! I love your photos with your new camera! I want one of those...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think its awesome. You can post about it as much as you want...I want a tutorial please! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I just looked at the tutorial and cant belive all the effort that went into that wreath!! I think 20 hours is probably an understatement. It is beautiful though, just not something I will be tackling any time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOLY CRAP.... I cannot believe you did that... that fact that you started it and finished it is amazing. I'm not sure if I would've had the ability - P.S. your kid is sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Way to go. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete