Monday, September 14, 2009

Because I can't reach...

He did it for me. He's so cute.
In fact, let's make this whole post all about him.
-I wouldn't say he's afraid of frogs, he's my man and has no fear, but he certainly doesn't enjoy them. Unfortunately our backyard is riddled with tiny frogs all the time. I think they're cute, he saw one on the sliding door and wouldn't use that door for two days.
-And speaking of frogs and other creatures, he's very careful to avoid them while mowing the lawn. It takes him about twice as long to mow because he's constantly stopping and starting to wait for the frogs to jump away but he does it anyway to spare their little lives. On Saturday he saw a praying mantis and circled around it with the mower so as not to kill it. He picked it up and moved it himself when he came back to the spot and it still hadn't left.
-He does, however, kill spiders for me. At church on Sunday there was a spider on the floor that was totally freaking me out. I wanted Tyson to kill it for me, but he didn't want to offend any spider lovers in the vicinity (we do live in washington, people love nature here) so he walked casually out as if he was getting a drink and stepped on the spider on his way.
-I came home from Young Women's on Wednesday to find these guys greeting me.
-He unearthed his Star Wars figurines and set them up as sentries to guard our safety.
-He also bought shelves that night for his truck collection so we could set them up for our boy. He was so excited to get them out and put them up that I almost had to wonder who the toys are really for... -Although I haven't quite felt the urge yet, he's been nesting. He'll walk around the house singing a nesting song as he works on projects that he's been meaning to get done. Meanwhile I sit on the couch trying to decide whether to play another game of solitaire or take a bath :) I'm sure I'll get the nesting desire soon... right?
-He's the best and I can't wait to see him as a daddy!

14 comments:

  1. Hey! Just thought I would say that I am not a big fan of the frogs either. I almost stepped on a toad in Hawaii, and stayed on the sidewalk the rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little swollen feet! It means one thing.... A BABY IS COMING A BABY IS COMING! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm....minus the trucks, i think you should keep tyson away from decorating. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He IS the best for the toes alone!

    He's much better than me with the critters in the yard. I keep mowing "pretending" I don't see them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Mari! I remember when Tom painted my toes right before I went in to have Isabel! It was a polish that turned from purple to green based on the temperature of my feet..... what memories! You are right around the corner from the best time in your life!! Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just make sure those little guys are unarmed when I come. Don't want anything shootin' me in the dark.

    Your guy is the best. Always knew that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I SOO could not forget you...I was just thinking that you are about to pop, but I will add you for SURE! What is your new last name? I am SOOO excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We really married good Lowder men. They must have a good mom. :) Here's to raising another generation of them! Love the sentinel guard.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe you are due in a week!! I expect pics ASAP. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww how sweet is he? Can't wait to see your new little babe. Hopefully both of ours will be arriving SOON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol. nesting. just saying it is funny. especially when you picture a new daddy "nesting"...heh NESTING...pehehe. :) i'm excited for you both! have fun in delivery...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know what you mean! Rich has this really tight obsession with his childhood toys. He says he's saving them for Noah, but honestly I really wonder if he will ever let Noah play with them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very funny post. :) Like I've said before, I just love reading your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete