Thursday, April 21, 2011

The puke free part of our trip

Okay, so I'm done whining now. Logan's not throwing up anymore and now that Tyson and I are pretty sure we're past the danger zone of getting sick ourselves, we're allowing ourselves to eat more than one egg and a piece of toast. I'll never forget the time my family got the flu while my grandpa was visiting. He and I felt fine so we went out for pizza while everyone else was sick. I have never regretted eating pizza more in my life as I did at 2 am that morning.

Anyway, our tummies seem to be fine, therefore, I've eaten enough cadbury mini eggs to soothe my memories of our plane flight.

On to the rest of the trip.

When we got to Tucson it was raining and the temp was in the mid 40's.

Um... what? We felt like we were in some sort of twilight zone where we traveled for seven hours and ended up back where we started.

But the weather changed and we had beautiful sun the rest of the time.

On Sunday we drove around Tucson and explored the area, then met my Aunt Lizzie at church and later for dinner.

There is nothing like spending time with family. Even though we hadn't seen each other in almost 6 years and had never really spent one on one time together we had a great time.

It was fun seeing her kids and getting to hold her sweet squishy baby!
 Clearly there was something in the kool aid for the kids but at least us adults were photo ready! Ha ha.

On Monday Lizzie, the kids, and I went to the zoo where Logan found every puddle in the vicinity to stomp in while I tried to get him at least half as interested in the animals as I was. They were cool! And actually active. And close to us!

See how he cares?


I'm pretty sure he was just biding his time until we got back to the hotel so he could wear my shoes again.
That night I giggled to myself because I had dressed Logan to match Tyson after he left for his class and I made them go around like twinners the rest of the day.
You'd do it too if you could. Don't lie.

We topped that night off at IHOP where our waitress forgot us and it took 45 minutes to get Logan's food and another 10 on top of that to get ours. Much creativity was used that night to entertain the child.

Alright, this post has gone on long enough. Stay tuned for our trip to Mesa.


  1. Too bad we couldn't meet up while you were in town! Oh, well. When I'm up your way in June we'll have to meet up! :)

  2. Yay family! I absolutely loved our visit. And my daughter loves "My Mari."

    P.S. We were puking late Sunday night. Could we have gotten it from the Children's Museum on Friday?