Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Life of Christ

Easter weekend I participated in an event that our stake puts on called Life of Christ. It is a free event that chronicles His life from birth to resurrection and it includes elaborate and beautiful displays, choirs, and, this year, live actors.

By some stroke of, um, something they asked me to be one of the actors and I decided to go for it.

We had several performances that took quite a bit of time, which was fine, until Saturday.

Saturday was the most glorious day we had seen here all year. It was sunny and warm and I could think of a hundred things I would have loved to do outside with my family instead of being inside the dark church all day.

But I had made a commitment and so I walked toward the church telling myself that I would receive blessings for doing this. All I had to do was wait and see and I was sure I would be bless--

PLOP.

A large raindrop landed on my nose, startling me out of my thoughts. But there wasn't a cloud in the sky. I glanced up at the tree above me while I wiped my nose.

Yellow.

Smelly.

I do believe that a BIRD POOPED ON MY NOSE as I was thinking about blessings.

I guess the blessings I was looking for weren't coming until after my last performance. Which went really well by the way. Here are a few pictures for your viewing pleasure.



It was a great way for me to testify of Christ and bring clarity to this Easter season. Any of your vancouverites who missed it should come next year!

 Happy belated Easter!
Love,
The Lowders

2 comments: