Monday, October 11, 2010

Because where one is good, two are obviously better

Yes. That is a different bike seat.

Our original intent when we ordered this one, was to return the other because we didn't think the other one would fit on either of our bikes. But now that one only fits on Tyson's and this one only fits on mine so... now we've got both.

Can you see the slightly crazed look in my eye and my hunchback posture of embarrassment? That's because the people walking behind us are my neighbors. The neighbors.

Guess that cat's out of the bag.

Anywho, speaking of Logan (which I always am, either directly or indirectly) I wanted to document some things that he likes at this age, but I didn't want to just make a list. So I rewrote the words to a song, and if you don't know what song this is, call me, we'll watch Sound of Music together.

Sirens on firetrucks and "helping" with dishes,
Kicking the doorstop and eating goldfishes,
The dances his mom does for him while she sings,
These are a few of his favorite things.

Dancing to music and spinning car's wheels
Throwing food off of his high chair at meals,
Chewing on all of his dad's sweatshirt strings,
These are a few of his favorite things.

Going for walks while mom pushes his stroller,
Biting on paper with his new found molar,
Getting excited when the phone rings,
These are a few of his favorite things.

When it's nap time,
when his ear hurts,
when his gums feel bad.

He simply calls out for his mom to hold him,
and then he don't feeeeeeeel
so sad.

After I sang this for Tyson (don't you wish I had sung it for you?) I asked him if it was lame and should I delete it. He said no, it has Mari blog written all over it.

And he's right.

Maybe that's a good thing?

14 comments:

  1. So cute! I love rewriting song lyrics and making spoofs.

    It's weird that I've never met your husband or your little boy! This needs to be remedied!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love your song for Logan! Couldn't keep the smile off my face while reading it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the song Mari!! I'm glad you posted it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I *knew* that music degree would come in handy someday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the song, but I have to say I am disappointed. When I saw the title of your post, I was hoping you were talking about kids, and you were announcing you were pregnant. Dang. All in due time, I suppose, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling seat! Makes me want one so I can go riding with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it. Both the bike seat, Logan looks like he LOVES it, and the Favorite Things lyrics. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha! Love it! How do you like that bike seat in the front? Those are popular over here, but I wasn't sure if they were quite as safe. I like the kid being in the front rather than the back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was wonderful. Keep on writing. I love to read your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ummmm, that song was awesome. And, I love me some Sound of Music, as well as Sister Act, but that's a different blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the song-and BTW-I think those of us who are uninformed need to hear the story of The Neighbors. (i didn't get it)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha! Meggin, I can honestly say I did not even think of that when I titled this blog.
    Kendra, I really like the front one. I like that my arms are kinda around him while we ride even though if he started to fall there would be no way that I could catch him.
    And Marilyn, the neighbors were the ones who had been telling me in the previous post how dangerous bike seats are.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So I am totally jealous... we have almost bought a bike trailer a few times... but then we remember we don't have bikes... so we don't, but I always want to go on family bike rides. One day. And the thing about the neighbors... so hilarious!

    ReplyDelete