Friday, May 3, 2013

Things that make me uncomfortable

The prompt for today's challenge is "things that make you uncomfortable".

Apparently, so many things. The rough list in my head was getting huge so I scrapped it and decided to just list a couple things for you.

1. I am turning 30. Soon. The fact that I can even say that shows progress for me because a couple months ago when Logan asked how old I was going to be I could barely spit it out. I do not want to be 30. I have never had a problem aging before, but for some reason this new decade is totally freaking me out. I liked my twenties. They were fun! 30 just seems so... adult. Weird that a number makes me feel old but having a mortgage and two kids doesn't.

2. I hate having my face touched. I don't know where this weirdness comes from, but if anyone even gets close to touching my face I get super twitchy. Even if it's Logan. Or Tyson! So, please don't touch my face. At all. For reals. Guess that's where I draw the line at personal space.

Amen.

4 comments:

  1. I really like you. And your blog. And your kids are adorable... That Phoebe. You know me and little girls... Sigh... You and my sister in law are doing this blog every day thing. Apparently I'm jumping on bored. I'm exhausted already. You're adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU are so cute! I tried to comment on your blog and I'm not sure it went through.

      Delete
  2. Bahaha! Sadie and I recently had a similar conversation. She said, "I'm 4. What number are you?" When I told her I am 35 I had this flash back to when that age seemed REALLY old. I figure I will freak out more at 40 because I'm pretty sure that's when more will look aged. For now, I still am all about my age being about a state-of-mind, but then again, I'll probably say this when I turn 40 too.

    Does "please-don't-touch-my-face" originate with acne? Because that's why I don't like my face touched. I used to be worried that the oil on my hands would cause a break-out. And even though I don't have acne anymore I still have a lingering consciousness to prevent it. Old habits die hard, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it did start with breakouts, or maybe when I started wearing makeup? I'm not sure but whatever it was, it's now a deep rooted peeve.

      Delete