Saturday, May 4, 2013

A favorite quote


"And they were armed with righteousness and with the power of God in great glory." 1 Nephi 14:14

This is a quote from the Book of Mormon* which, as a member of the LDS faith, I believe in along with the bible.

I love this quote because it is about us, right now, and it conjures up a picture in my head. A picture of my children going out into the world with an invisible shield of protection around them because I taught them of God and of Christ. Of them being examples of kindness to their friends. Of sweet kids who aren't afraid to stand up for truth and righteousness. Of rooms that light up as soon as they walk in and people who become better just by knowing them.

Of perfect children. Basically. Too much to ask?

My visions are unrealistic (my babies may or may not sparkle with goodness in my dreams) but having this quote hanging in my house reminds me that to even a chance at this for my family it is up to me to teach them here in my home. And gosh darn, I'm going to try my best. Because there is some scary stuff out there.

*{if you ever want a Book of Mormon you just let me know and I'll get one to you. seriously. i'll send it wherever}


2 comments:

  1. That's a great quote! I keep telling myself to print something like this out, but I'm terrible with even printing and hanging family pictures. I'm thinking it's a character flaw. Here's the inevitable question nowadays, "Did you find this through Pinterest?" 'Cuz I'm gonna go look for it right now:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't find this on pinterest but I did see it on a blog that I read. Which is really the same thing, ya know? And don't feel bad. It took me like eight months to get this hung.

      Delete