So we decided to change things up in the green room a little. We actually want to do this in more of the house but we started with this room because, well, we don't spend much time in here so if it was a disaster we could just close the door and forget about it for awhile.
Here are a few before pictures because the afters are no fun without them.
Here I am, photographic proof that I did at least a little work in here.
We painted the wall first to try and minimize the detail painting that we would have to do once the boards were all up.
Truly though, the majority of the work was done by Tyson and his dad while I watched wonderpets in the living room with Logan.
They even planed (shaved) down every one of the vertical boards because they come a little bit deeper than the baseboard and we didn't like how they looked hanging over the edge.
Then when Tyson brought all the boards home he realized he used a board that was still too wide as his measurement and the vertical boards still hung over a bit.
So he took them back to his dad's and they planed them again.
We don't bring that up often.
The result was beautiful though and I am grateful for a husband who is willing to work extra hard to get the details just the way he wants them.
You ready for the after?
Here's a before again for comparison.
The longest and most tedious part for sure was the painting once all the boards were up. Painting the wall first and using boards that were primed helped for sure but still. There are a lot of nooks and crannies on this wall. Plus you've got to fill in nail holes and sand and caulk all the cracks and paint over all that. Twice.
Lots of work.
I'm still working on how I want to decorate this room exactly but I knew I wanted a little shelf as part of the board and batten to set things on.
Sorry I'm not tall enough to get a better angle on that. Probably should have stood on a chair.
It turned out just the way I wanted and I couldn't be happier!
Tyson is totally ready to tackle the rest of the house :)