Sunday, June 12, 2011

Blogging rut

I can't think of things to say anymore! It's so sad. Plus, I got a huge paper cut on the tip of my finger yesterday, down to the bone probably which prompted visions of roach eggs being implanted under my skin and/or an attack of sepsis, so now it hurts to type.

Lame.

So between having a boring life and a broke-down finger the odds of this blog being any good are slim.

So here's what we've been up to.

Let's start with Logan. Nothing like reading about the lifestyles of the short and toddling.

He started talking (sorta), yay! Out of nowhere he went from saying almost nothing to learning several new words each day. And with that we've gone from being mutually frustrated with each other when he wants something, to reveling in the joys of communication.

This has also let to countless conversations that go something like this:
"Crackah?"
"No buddy, I think you've had enough today."
"CRACKAH!!??"
"Logan, no. No more crackers."
{does the sign for please} "crackAH????"
"No. Cracker. No."
...
"Coco?" (cereal. (ok fine, he's talking about cocoa puffs. i know, bad mom.))
*Sigh* "Let's go outside, whaddya say?"
"Side?"

It's no wonder I feel like my brain is slowly turning to mush.

He's become a little helper in the kitchen for me.
He kept pointing to the eggs and calling them bubbles.

He also kept stealing chocolate chips and then talking to me about how good they are.
 At least that's what I assume. Sometimes he gets excited and babbles intelligibly.

This is what we made that day in case you were wondering. Chocolate, caramel, and pecan brownies. Yum! And yes, one of the words Logan learned that day was brownie.
 In the last week we have seen all of Logan's cousins which is pretty cool. Last night we hung out with some of them and the older ones wanted to play freeze tag. I wasn't too excited about it, but after awhile I figured they're just kids, I can run around with them a little bit, and so I volunteered to be "it".

Um...

I have officially downgraded my opinion of myself from young, spry, and able to play with the kids, to old, fat, and unable to catch a 7-year-old without my lungs committing suicide. So I did the sportsman-like thing and tried to find a way to use Logan as an excuse to quit. He wasn't around so I quit anyway.

We got this slide for him at a garage sale for only $10. Score! It has been a very good investment so far.


And just so you don't think that Logan is the perfect child (even though he is) here is what Tyson discovered after hearing Logan say "uh-oh" about 14 times in a row in the pantry.
Yes, those are his little footprints in the mess of powdered milk.

Stinker.
So I mentioned last time I blogged (forever ago) that I was trying to coupon. I would first like to say that
"Extreme Couponing" has deceived me and just because I'm buying coupons does not mean all my groceries will be free. Especially when after three weeks of buying newspapers I had yet to use a single coupon.

Oops.

But I'm actually trying now. I even bought a binder and baseball card holders and everything. I'll let you know if I stick with it and become successful. Are any of you couponing?

I think that's all I have to say for now! Maybe there will be more blogging now that I've finally caught up a bit.

Or maybe not. :)

4 comments:

  1. I did some crazy couponing for the four months or so before moving out here. Loved it. Haven't done it at all since the move. I had the binder and everything. Still do, somewhere... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, are you going to share the recipe for those awesome brownies??? You're holding out on us!

    I called myself a couponer until Extreme Couponing as well. That show is extremely deceiving. I'm curious to hear if you stick with it or not. What I have found is that I get most items like shampoo and deoderant for free, or almost free. However, I don't save that much on food. It just seems like unless you are going to feed your family frozen pizzas, it's kind of hard to save money. We buy a lot of produce and stuff, which there are no coupons for. I definitely save money on cereal and stuff, but it's just a few dollars here and there. That, and it takes so much TIME. I probably just need to learn a better system for doing it, but I haven't been able to really decide if the time investment is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couponing, for me, is addicting. However, you have to be careful and only buy things your family will use. Because there is TONS of crap coupons for stuff that you probably will never use, even if you do get it for free. Don't compare yourself with those extreme coupon shows because you will get discouraged and you probably will never in your life buy 100 bottles of excedrin no matter the price. Just start slowly. Look at your grocery ads, see what is onsale, look through your coupons and start there. Also, try thekrazycouponlady.com. I use that site a lot. I use my coupons for snacks like crakers and sometimes chips. I use a ton for cereal and for beauty supplies. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am amazed by Extreme Couponing. Can't say I'm willing to figure it out. It looks like way too much time for me. I'm always curious to hear your success though!

    ReplyDelete