Friday, January 8, 2010

I swear I haven't given up blogging

Just wanted to let you know I'm still here!

Logan is going through a phase (I'm calling it a phase because if this lasts forever I may go insane) where he needs me ALL THE TIME. Yes, that was capitalized and italicized. He needs me in a if I don't shower and brush my teeth before he fully wakes up it will not happen until Tyson gets home kinda way.


He is fussing as I write this because I'm not talking to him.

He won't sleep anywhere but in my arms.

He won't be anywhere that I am not.


He won't look at anyone but me (and himself in the mirror).

He has contributed to my new year's weight loss goals by only allowing me to eat a banana and wheat thins each day or anything else I can quickly grab one handed.


He is not really being cranky, just so so needy.

He has never been more fun.

He has never been more of a drain on my energy.

And, until he learns how to nap somewhere besides me, blogging may be on the back burner.

Sorry.


Have I mentioned that I love him?

8 comments:

  1. Poor, sweet Mari. I believe in you. Just plan your day around him, as much of an inconvenience that may be. It is a phase, in my experience. A long phase, but a phase none the less. In fact, I remember it the exact same way!
    Oh, but I still don't get to shower or get ready until the kid is asleep. They are so selfish, huh?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is a phase. and, it will pass.
    i can't remember when he was born i'm guessing by all this that he is about 4 months? ya, it's a phase:)


    ps during this phase with both of my kids, i got skinnier and my arms got huge. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. he's getting so big!

    maybe he's teething. i say this because it's what i always say when my kid starts doing something that i don't like and i want it to be over soon.

    good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's not to love?! He's adorable. And he loves you too (obviously).

    ReplyDelete
  5. to get reggie to nap in his crib i used to sit by in a chair with a hand on his stomach until he fell asleep. sometimes it took a looooong time. little by little i inched my hand and my chair away. eventually he learned how to fall asleep on his own and in his crib. it was beautiful. :)

    and i was selfish and just let reggie cry while i showered. i didn't feel human without being showered for the day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear it will pass...it will! Little Drew only has eyes for me these days as well...cries if I leave the room, BAWLS for Daddy. You know the drill. But they get over it. Hopefully Logan will sooner rather than later. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh! He has your number. He will get over it as soon as he learns to move a little (crawl) by himself.
    Try to get him to go to sleep by himself before he is a year old or he will be sleeping with you for years. Give him a teddy bear.

    ReplyDelete