Thursday, November 27, 2008
Anyhoo, here it is!
•Mention the rules on your blog.
•Tell about 6 things people don't know about you.
•Tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking them.
•Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.
1. I've always wanted to have a collection of something. Like clocks. I'm a little bit obsessed with clocks but I feel like having 35 of them in one room would just be too weird. Is it though? If you tell me it's okay I'm totally gonna do it.
2. I rock at Amped, a snowboarding game for xbox. I pretty much beat Tyson all the time. Not every time, but a lot.
3. I've always wanted to write a book of poems for kids. Kinda like the Shel Silverstein ones but me instead.
4. I would illustrate the book myself because I am actually a fairly good artist. I took an intro to drawing class at BYU and really enjoyed it. I can't paint though.
5. I was on not one, but TWO billboards around town my senior year of high school. One for the musical and one for marching band. The billboard people gave me a little replica of the billboards with my picture on it for my home. I still have one of them.
6. I kinda like Britney Spears. Not like I want to be her friend or anything but I am totally drawn in to every detail of her life. I like seeing what her hair looks like for the day, her makeup, her weight, her clothes, her latte, her new music videos, everything. I don't search her out on the Internet or anything but if I "accidentally" come across details of her life I am totally interested.
And there you have it. Did you know any of those things already? Hopefully not.
And I tag any 6 of you who want to do this. Because I am currently obsessed with the intimate details of your life.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!! I hope you all gain more weight than I do this holiday season :) j/k... sorta.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
I confess. And don't even pretend that you're not addicted too! I see ya'll on facebook all the time.
Here's the before shot...
And here's the after!! Don't we look so amazingly different and gorgeous!!?? Ok, well maybe I needed better lighting to show the actual differences in our hair colors and I suppose going from brown to brown isn't the biggest change ever, but oh well.
We had a fun time putting the actual dye in our hair. I had the most experience dying hair (since I lived with roommates and all I'm practically a pro) so I got to put the color in Emily and Mom's hair. They watched what I did and copied it on me. Good thing it turned out!!
My hair is darker than it was which nicely covered the leftover highlights at the end of my hair from like two years ago. Mom's hair no longer has any gray in it (not that it ever did of course) and Emily's hair is... purple. No it really is!! You just have to see it in the light to get the purple hues showing.
At any rate, the best part was doing it all together. And I can't wait to see what our next adventure will be!
Saturday, November 22, 2008
I should have taken pictures as I was making these so you could have had a tutorial. Sorry, but I didn't want you all to see the murderous look on my face as I sanded the edges of these things for an hour and a half.
It was fun.
My other craft this week was learning how to etch glass to make cute ornaments at super saturday.
I admit I had no idea what the actual etching process would be. I was picturing myself with some sort of metal tool scraping the surface of the bulb while I struggled to not cut myself and/or crush the thin glass in my bare hands.
Turns out it's just a paste you apply to a stenciled area. Who knew?
And that concludes my complaining/craft time for the day.
I am off to Michigan tomorrow (hurrah!!!) to spend Thanksgiving with my family. I am super excited to go and will let you know all about our festivities there!
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
It comes with a Mother-In-Law suite!!!!!
Do you see it back there? So excellent you guys, if only it was in Washington. So sad.
But alas, Tyson and I were not here to look at real estate so we continued our climb in search of the most delicate of all arches.
It was about this point that I considered sitting on my bum and sliding down the slick rock back home. So tired...
Which is how I ended up clinging to the side of a mountain with every fiber of my being and every fingernail on my body. Felt like nails on a chalkboard. But the vertigo didn't really set in until I leaned back so my love could take a picture of me. Awesome.
And it only got worse as I looked up to take a picture of my sweet punkin' of love.
The extremely informative and clever sign informed us that these petroglyphs dated back to sometime between 1650 and 1850.
And as a summary of our trip I leave you with this photo of some crazy yahoo who climbed to the top of a gigantic stone pillar. I was hoping he would cliff dive of that thing but he didn't. Just stood with his arms raised in the air.
I would never do that.
And that stone that you see behind him is not the ground but the top of another pillar.
Saturday, November 8, 2008